Here is an example how you can add search box in sidebar. Demo
Download the file here: Pligg – Search Sidebar
- Create a backup of sidebar.tpl before proceeding
- Refer the attached file. To be used at your own risk.
- Create a new file and name it search.tpl in /template/<yourtemplate>/sidebar_modules/
- Copy the code into search.tpl
- Save the file.
- Open and edit sidebar.tpl file found in /template/<yourtemplate>/
- Append the code where ever you want the search box to appear in sidebar.
- Thats it. Visit your website to see the search box right in your sidebox.