Current Version: 1.0 Beta
Description: This mambot will sync Joomla and Pligg login with ease.
Tested on: Joomla 1.0.13; CB 1.1; Pligg 9.8.2
Looking for JPligger for Joomla 1.5 and Pligg 9.9? See here.
Note : CB is not required for this mambot to work
Detail Description: This mambot will allow you to run Pligg inside Joomla using Wrapper. It will sync user registration, login and forgot password between Joomla, CB and Pligg.
Support: Community Driven and If I find time.
- Use at your own risk! Backup first or use in test environment first.
- Install Joomla in root folder
- Install Pligg in /
- Note DB settings of Pligg
- Install JPligger Mambot in Joomla
- Visit its settings (In admin > Mambots > JPligger)
- Provide details of Pligg DB
- Publish and Save
- Hide Registration through Pligg. Instructions here: hide-pligg-registration.txt
Optional Information: Pligg inside Joomla wrapper
- Link your Pligg in Joomla wrapper
- Use on /
in Wrapper Link Field
- Set width and height to 100%, no scrollbar, yes to auto height.
- Remove Pligg Header. Edit /
/templates/ /header.tpl (Remove as much as you can. Trail and Error)
- Remove Pligg Footer. Edit /
/templates/ /footer.tpl (Remove as much as you can. Trail and Error)
- Remove unwanted Siderbar modules. Edit /
/templates/ /sidebar.tpl (Remove Login/Registration Module and others as much as you can. Trail and Error)
- Fit Pligg into wrapper:
Edit CSS file of your Pligg template
Find Contentbox and edit its width, find Sidebox and edit its width, find Wrap and edit its width
Note: Depending on your joomla template width, set wrap width to max. Then split the max width between Contentbox and Sidebox. Also remember that there is padding in between so take that into account as well.
- Thats all you need but if you want to dig down and integrate fully, there are more things that can be done.
Download JPligger Plugin for Joomla 1.5 and Pligg 9.9 here.